for background

Friday, November 18, 2011

well.

It has been quite a while since I've updated--much too long in fact. So many wondrous things have happened these past nine months. I've watched my little Z-girl talk to her mirror, pick favorite toys, learn to crawl, enjoy butternut squash with cinnamon; and most recently, I've watched her attempts at standing on her own (without holding on to anything!). It has been a fascinating nine months that have flown by faster than I ever expected. I guess I always just thought people were exaggerating or being cliche when they declared how quickly babies grow. It is with a bittersweet recognition that I confirm those declarations.

As I speak, husband J is trying to put Z down for her nap. Trying because Z absolutely despises naps (and bedtime) with every fiber of her tiny being. She screams, cries, flails--it doesn't matter whether she's being nursed down, rocked, or left in her crib. It's all the same to her. It just means she won't be able to explore for that hour or two and that, apparently, is a fate worse than death.

Well, she's asleep now, so I should probably go cook or do some chores or something while I have the chance. J is working from home at the moment, and hasn't a clue (hopefully) that we're about to host a huge 30th birthday party for him. Hurrah!

I'll hopefully have some sweet photos and recipes from the party.

Cheers for now!

1 comment: