for background

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

nesting power.

It's hard to believe that in less than a month (she is due February 24th), our little girl will be here.

Not only has this realization sent me into the frenzy of cleaning, organizing, reorganizing, and rearranging commonly referred to as "nesting," but it has also got me quite excited to show my precious one the world.

Even before I found out I was going to become a mother, I thought how wonderful a thing it would be to show a child just how much there is to know about the world, and how fun to begin to rediscover things myself in a whole new way by viewing them through a child's eager, curious eyes. Now I'm more excited about the prospect than ever, but also feel the gravity of the responsibility that awaits me. I am forced to realize how dependent I have to be on Christ in order to love, disciple, and discipline our daughter the way I want to be able to.

1 comment: